Monday, August 16, 2010

1 week check

We had our first check up today for the helmet. We thought we would get some measurements to see any progress that has been made, but we found out today that we won't know that until another 6 weeks- ug! I think it would be nice to see that at least all this is working, but we have to wait a while for that I guess.

The doctor ended up shaving down some parts that rub against Andrew's head and make those parts red. I asked him about tightening the belt (which I had been doing) and he told me that it is supposed to be a little loose to leave the room to let his head grow in the different areas. There is supposed to be about 1/2 inch around his head for room for it to grow, so it shifts up and down on his head. I didn't think it was supposed to do that, so I had been strapping it tighter than I was supposed to... whoops. Anyway, now we know.

Our next appointment is on 9/3. It's just another check up, and then the next appointment 3 weeks after that we will be able to get some measurements.

I asked again today how long he thought we would need it on, and he said for at least 3 months (booo). I was hoping for only 2, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment